I love a good chocolatey brownie with rich Ghirardelli chocolate. So these Ghirardelli Easy Chewy Brownies are the best choice for when you have a brownie craving.
I’ve personally also super been into box brownies. A lot of the time when I tried to make them from scratch, but they just weren’t my jam. However, these brownies are soft, chocolatey, and chewy. A perfect bite. Also, when they are warmed upâ€¦they are just perfect. You can eat them by themselves, with ice cream or even on s’mores.
Tips for the Best Easy Chewy Brownies:
– Fats: A mix of butter (great for flavor) and a neutral oil, helps to make a moist brownie.
– Moist Brownies: As mentioned above, fats help to make the brownies soft and moist. Another thing that helps is a mix of brown sugar with the granulated because it adds moisture. So does the number of eggs (yolks specifically).
– Whipping butters and sugars: This helps to do first and just those ingredients as it will help add in air and fluffiness later.
– Brownie pan: I use a 13×9 inch pan as this helps me to get shorter brownies that are perfect on s’mores. However, if you like yours thicker, use a 9×9″. You’ll need to up the time at least by about 8 minutes (just keep an eye on it) for the perfect chewy brownies. But no matter what, be sure you prep your pan for easy removal.
– How to slice brownies: The easiest way to slice brownies is to make a parchment sling so you can remove all your brownies from your pan. Then use a sharp knife, run it under warm water, wipe of excess, and slice. Repeat warm water/wiping as needed.
How to Make a S’mores Board (or S’mores-gasbord):
- Graham Crackers, broken in half
- Marshmallows, large squares and minis
- Ghirardelli squares, unwrapped
- Ghirardelli Easy Chewy Brownies, recipe below
- Get a large plate, tray, etc. and small bowls.
- Lay out and arrange as you’d like.
- Fill in gaps with mini marshmallows.
Other recipes to try:
- Stand mixer or whisk
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted but cool
- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs large, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- add-ins like chocolate or caramel chips, nuts, etc. optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9×13 inch with oil and/or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer combine butter, oil, and sugars with a whisk attachment until smooth.
- Add in one egg at a time, each should incorporate before adding another. Add in vanilla and mix.
- In a separate large bowl sift in the flour, cocoa, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients slowly. Mix until just combined. Be sure to not over mix.
- If you have optional add-ins, fold them in now.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula or offset spatula, smooth across the entire pan.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes. Using a toothpick or knife check the middle of the brownies, if it is still wet, the brownies still need another few minutes. In intervals of about 2 minutes, keep baking and checking. It may not come out perfectly clean, but it shouldn’t be completely wet, just crumbly.
- Let cool, cut, and serve with ice cream or on a treats board! Enjoy!