I love a good chocolatey brownie with rich Ghirardelli chocolate. So these Ghirardelli Easy Chewy Brownies are the best choice for when you have a brownie craving.
I’ve personally also super been into box brownies. A lot of the time when I tried to make them from scratch, but they just weren’t my jam. However, these brownies are soft, chocolatey, and chewy. A perfect bite. Also, when they are warmed up…they are just perfect. You can eat them by themselves, with ice cream or even on s’mores.
Tips for the Best Easy Chewy Brownies:
– Fats: A mix of butter (great for flavor) and a neutral oil, helps to make a moist brownie.
– Moist Brownies: As mentioned above, fats help to make the brownies soft and moist. Another thing that helps is a mix of brown sugar with the granulated because it adds moisture. So does the number of eggs (yolks specifically).
– Whipping butters and sugars: This helps to do first and just those ingredients as it will help add in air and fluffiness later.
– Brownie pan: I use a 13×9 inch pan as this helps me to get shorter brownies that are perfect on s’mores. However, if you like yours thicker, use a 9×9”. You’ll need to up the time at least by about 8 minutes (just keep an eye on it) for the perfect chewy brownies. But no matter what, be sure you prep your pan for easy removal.
– How to slice brownies: The easiest way to slice brownies is to make a parchment sling so you can remove all your brownies from your pan. Then use a sharp knife, run it under warm water, wipe of excess, and slice. Repeat warm water/wiping as needed.
How to Make a S’mores Board (or S’mores-gasbord):
- Graham Crackers, broken in half
- Marshmallows, large squares and minis
- Ghirardelli squares, unwrapped
- Ghirardelli Easy Chewy Brownies, recipe below
- Get a large plate, tray, etc. and small bowls.
- Lay out and arrange as you’d like.
- Fill in gaps with mini marshmallows.
Other recipes to try:
- Stand mixer or whisk
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted but cool
- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs large, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- add-ins like chocolate or caramel chips, nuts, etc. optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9×13 inch with oil and/or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer combine butter, oil, and sugars with a whisk attachment until smooth.
- Add in one egg at a time, each should incorporate before adding another. Add in vanilla and mix.
- In a separate large bowl sift in the flour, cocoa, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients slowly. Mix until just combined. Be sure to not over mix.
- If you have optional add-ins, fold them in now.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula or offset spatula, smooth across the entire pan.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes. Using a toothpick or knife check the middle of the brownies, if it is still wet, the brownies still need another few minutes. In intervals of about 2 minutes, keep baking and checking. It may not come out perfectly clean, but it shouldn’t be completely wet, just crumbly.
- Let cool, cut, and serve with ice cream or on a treats board! Enjoy!