This post has been sponsored by LA VICTORIA® Salsa. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Sheet pan nachos have always been a big thing in my family. Growing up, our house was the hang out spot for all of my friends. And something that my mom used to make us that would feed a large group of kids was sheet pan nachos. So when I started partnering with LA VICTORIA®, I knew this was something I wanted to share with you all.
LA VICTORIA® recently came out with two organic salsas: LA VICTORIA® Organic Chunky Salsa Medium and Organic Chunky Salsa Mild. I personally got the mild version for this recipe, as I would be adding in adobo sauce and jalapeños to my recipe, and didn’t want to make it too spicy.
I was able to purchase these at my local Ralph’s store; however, it is also available at other Kroger banner stores like King Soopers, Fred Meyers, or Fry’s. You can easily find this in the store or even on their website and order for pick up, which is a great feature and wonderful for quarantine or just saving time.
Tips on Ingredients for Sheet Pan Nachos:
Usually the better the ingredients, the better your food will taste. I’ll go over some details about each ingredient, what’s best to get high quality, what special things to look for, and what things can’t be substituted. Not all items will have notes.
Tips on Chicken Ingredients:
– Avocado Oil: I personally love avocado oil and using this to cook in sauté pans. However, you can use olive or vegetable oil. The smoking point will adjust, so pay close attention. Olive oil has a 410° F smoking point and avocado oil has a 520° F smoking point. Meaning that olive oil would burn at a lower temperature/time on the stove. – Chicken Breasts: I am using chicken breasts as I find they are the easiest to shred. However, you can do this with thighs. Or even with jackfruit for a vegan/vegetarian version.
– Fajita Seasoning: You can use a store-bought version in a packet or jar or you can make your own. I have a recipe on my site you can use!
– Salsa: I used LA VICTORIA® Organic Chunky Salsa Mild, you could use their medium version as well. These organic salsas use the highest quality, non-GMO ingredients, USDA organic tomatoes, as well as chunky, fresh and simple ingredients for a robust flavor. Learn more about their salsa here.
– Adobo Sauce: This can be optional if you don’t like super spicy foods. I use the cans of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Then I use the leftovers for other recipes like my spicy turkey burgers.
Tips on Ingredients for Nachos:
– Beans: You don’t have to use black beans, but those are my favorite. Feel free to swap in refried or whatever floats your boat.
– Kale: This is a big yes for me! My friend introduced me to kale on nachos and life hasn’t been the same since. The kale gets crispy and delicious and it makes me feel like they are healthier!
– Pickled Onions: I love a good pickled onion and they are so easy to make. I will be adding a recipe to my site, but the long and short of it is: slice half an onion and place into a mason jar, warm up 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 Tbsp of brown sugar (warm, not hot), pour over onions and seal jar. Place jar on your counter for 24 hours, then move to the refrigerator.
Tips and Knowledge to make the best Sheet Pan Nachos:
These tips are helpful for when you are making the recipe. Outside of the tips for ingredients above, these are tips on how to do something or why what I’ve listed in the recipe is necessary.
– Shredded Chicken: I personally like to make mine in advance because I don’t want to have to make all these things at the same time. You can make it a couple of days in advance and store in the fridge. You will also have some leftovers, which can be great for making these nachos twice, or double the recipe for a bigger group. Or you can use it on salad, in quesadillas, etc.
– Cheese: The layering of cheese on the bottom and top is super necessary to get items to stick together. It acts like an ingredient glue sandwich. Be sure you layer correctly, according to the instructions below.
– Assembling: After baking your nachos comes the fun part. If you want to, you can build all the toppings right on top. Or if you have picky people you’re eating with, just make little bowls of all the toppings and let people layer what they want on top.
Other Recipes to Try:
- stand mixer or forks
Shredded Chicken Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Fajita seasoning store-bought or homemade, recipe on my site
- 16 oz LA VICTORIA® Organic Chunky Salsa Mild
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 9 oz Tortilla chips
- 12 oz shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cups kale loosely packed
- 15 oz black beans pre-cooked
- ½ lb. shredded chicken
Nacho Toppings Ingredients
- 1 avocado sliced
- ¼ cup pickled onion
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 2 Radishes sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- More LA VICTORIA® Organic Chunky Salsa
Shredded Chicken Instructions
- Heat oil in pan on medium. Cover chicken in fajita seasoning.
- Once oil is hot, place chicken in pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side to brown the outside.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix salsa, water, and adobo sauce.
- Cover the meat in salsa mixture and move chicken around to make sure it goes under the chicken as well. Cover pan with a lid, slightly askew. Cook for an additional 9-10 minutes on each side (18-20 minutes total) until chicken reaches an internal temperature for 165° F. Or until no longer pink inside.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly, about 3-5 minutes. Then shred chicken. I use my paddle attachment on my stand mixer using a low speed.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and take out a large lipped baking sheet. You can prepare it with parchment paper or leave it as is.
- Lay a hefty layer of tortilla chips. Take half of your cheese and sprinkle across the chips evenly. Then evenly spread out your kale, beans, and chicken. Then finish off with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so you don’t burn your nachos.
- Remove from oven and top with all or whichever toppings you would like to add. Serve and enjoy!