This fun cocktail is perfect for fall and Halloween. Spiced to perfection, with a little bit of bubbles, and a whole lot of fun.
Why I love this
I am a huge fan of spiced drinks, especially in the fall! But I drink chai and ginger beer all year long. I thought, why not combine them for a delicious cocktail or mocktail. You can make it either way and it's delish both ways!
- Chai Concentrate - So, I used the Trader Joe's brand since it doesn't have anise and I don't handle that so well. But you can use any concentrate. Or for an authentic recipe to make at home, you can use my friend Shweta's recipe: Chai Concentrate.
- Ginger Beer - Again, I used the Trader Joe's brand, but you can use whatever floats your boat. You can also use ginger ale for a less strong flavor!
- Vodka - Okay, so you can use any brand or even make it without vodka for a mocktail and it's still delish!
Dressing Up a Cocktail
I dressed up this cocktail a few ways...let's discuss!
- I used dry ice to add the smoke! You can totally do this, but you need to be very careful. Dry ice is fun, but can be dangerous. Definitely don't recommend using around kids.
- I added these fun glasses in the shape of pumpkins and used a fun gold straw. Both from Target, but they seem sold out right now, but you can google for other options!
- Add a little crystalized ginger on the side for a fun garnish. Always available online or at TJ's.
Other Recipes to Try
- 1.5 oz Chai concentrate
- 8 oz ginger beer
- 1.5 oz vodka optional
- crystalized ginger garnish
- Add concentrate, ginger beer, and vodka into a mixer or pitcher. Stir.
- Pour over a glass of ice.
- Slice the ginger and add to the side of the glass for a garnish.
Tried this recipe?Mention @amanda.wilens
Leave a Reply